Above all else, we respect everyone's opinions and ALL religious beliefs and creeds. She says that when she refused, Johnson told her she was "being very foolish. In 1969, an FBI special agent sent Hoover a memo detailing how his investigation of the Panthers has only turned up pacifist activities such as feeding breakfast to children.12 Hoover shot back a memo saying that the Agent's career ambitions were directly related to supplying Hoover with information supporting his view that the Panthers were "... a violence prone organization seeking to overthrow the government by revolutionary means."13. To prevent the unification of the Black Panther Party and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, popularly known as SNCC, the FBI resorted to fostering splits between the leadership of the two organizations. • "Mr. [Mark] Clark was committed, very warm, very affable, and he had a dedication to help his people," - Rev. Complaints? The local organizing that Black Panthers engaged in — giving the poor access to decent housing, health care, education, and much more — has been erased in the textbooks, yet it is precisely what won them such widespread support. [Description from full review by Hans Bennett on TowardsFreedom.com. h�bbd```b``����A$�q0yDrz��^`5`v7�=�N�~`�0;̞f7�Ȅ�@���7��5���*�m��0�q��LB�;��O�&�;A"@UÊ����t � &�� endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 273 0 obj <>stream 400 pages. Retrieved April 17, 2017, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hampton, Mack, D. (April, 2015). Addeddate 2017-10-30 03:39:16 Identifier revhosatx53 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t80k8pr01 How many breakfasts or lunches for hungry children, how much medical attention sorely needed in the ghetto communities would that $200,000 have furnished?...In the same two-year period, twenty-eight Panthers were killed.”15. The use of bogus letters for sabotage and attempting to provoke violence was widely used by the FBI throughout COINTELPRO. The Chicago Tribune published photos showing holes purported to be from bullets fired by the Panthers, but forensics would later reveal these holes to have been made by nails.6, Documents released by the Freedom of Information Act include a sketch of Hampton's apartment drawn by an FBI informant, used by police and FBI in the assassination. The murder of Fred Hampton and the winning of his civil case turned Hampton into a martyr, giving many Americans in favor of equality hope that the government would eventually do the right thing. By Ursula Wolfe-Rocca. In sharp contrast, the Panthers had shot once, from the shotgun held by Mark Clark, which had most likely been fired after Clark had been fatally shot in the heart and was falling to the ground. Re-Circulation Project I like your style and I think you'll make a fine mod. 4: Ward Churchill, “COINTELPRO Papers,” page 140. If We Knew Our History series. In 1972 The Murder of Fred Hampton premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Great work. Available in Spanish. h�b```f``�``a``�`�g@ ~�+sL` �71��h���rx [�/� �5�/>;>|��͇']���F&Q�m�\��4�9>>���X{�r�o&K��ݸ����5I+�� ����6�{I2������y�QI�u�!�67��ppơu�k���-q2h\��p�9�C�+A%�m��C|�Ǿ�� ��pX���i�qn�3 http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/01/29/937878/--Glenn-Beck-uses-COINTELPRO-smear-against-the-left, COINTELPRO: The FBI's War on Black America, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwdx1ewLBYA, Although I don't post much anymore i'm a r/con 0G who still visits daily and cares a lot about this sub. on August 25, 2016. There is also the fact that skeptic forums and websites such as the Skeptic Project do not question the veracity. http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/us-government/cointelpro/. The FBI had tried other methods before resorting to assassination, including sending a bogus letter to a rival Chicago gang leader in hopes of provoking a violent retaliation which read: “Brother Jeff: I've spent some time with some Panther friends on the west side lately and I know whats been going on. **, Press J to jump to the feed. Part I: The Fred Hampton Assassination, Subverting the Black Panthers, and Harassing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. : conspiracy, Three_Letter_Agency. The FBI was finally able to arrest Hampton on May 26, 1969, for a case related to a theft in 1967 of $71 worth of Good Humor Bars in Maywood. Hampton assassination. — Studs Terkel. What I found was that there are no primary documents to be found, but a largely significant amount of secondary sources beyond the conspiracy realm readily admit that it was an FBI operation. On December 4, 1969, at 4:00am, 14 heavily armed policemen split into 2 teams, stormed into Fred Hampton’s apartment shooting wildly (Taylor, 2016). He had hopes to one day play center field for the New York Yankees (Fred, 2017). Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Just popped in to say thanks for all of your well-researched posts, TLA. We definitely need more like this. A truly astounding book that draws heavily on official documents provided by the FBI. Why was Fred Hampton targeted? To J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI, it did not matter what the activities of the Black Panther Party consisted of. Clark fired his shotgun, the only shot fired by the Panthers that day, while the police and FBI would end up shooting over 98 times.4 Forensics and firearms experts determined that Clark's shot was fired from very near the floor, indicating that Clark had already sustained grave injuries. The FBI's stated motivation was "protecting national security, preventing violence, and maintaining the existing social and political order. Send them to my ^inbox! IMAGE: LETTER SENT TO DR. KING BY THE FBI, “The Black Panther Raid and the death of Fred Hampton,”, “'You are a colossal fraud. You might here from me again. The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther Jeffrey Haas It’s around 7:00 A.M. on December 4, 1969, and attorney Jeff Haas is in a police lockup in Chicago, interviewing Fred Hampton’s fianc?e. Johnson heard one officer ask, “Is he still alive?” After two gunshots were fired inside the room, the other officer said, “He’s good and dead now.”, Jeffrey Haas’ account of this conversation with Johnson jumps right out from the inside cover of The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther. There was evidence of only one shot being fired back, against the police, with all other bullets being traced to police guns (Taylor, 2016). 29 pages. ._3-SW6hQX6gXK9G4FM74obr{display:inline-block;vertical-align:text-bottom;width:16px;height:16px;font-size:16px;line-height:16px} The next day, the media largely defended the FBI's actions. ._37coyt0h8ryIQubA7RHmUc{margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._2XJvPvYIEYtcS4ORsDXwa3{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{height:54px;width:54px}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M,._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px;background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M{height:36px;width:36px}.j9k2MUR13FjoBBeLo1C1m{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._3Evl5aOozId3QVjs7iry2c{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(2),._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn{margin:auto 0 auto auto;padding-top:10px;vertical-align:middle}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn ._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp i{color:unset}._2bWoGvMqVhMWwhp4Pgt4LP{margin:16px 0;font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px}.tWeTbHFf02PguTEonwJD0{font-size:16px;margin-right:4px}._2AbGMsrZJPHrLm9e-oyW1E{width:180px;text-align:center}._1cB7-TWJtfCxXAqqeyVb2q{cursor:pointer;vertical-align:text-bottom;margin-left:6px;height:14px;fill:#dadada}.hpxKmfWP2ZiwdKaWpefMn{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active);background-size:cover;background-image:var(--newCommunityTheme-banner-backgroundImage);background-position-y:center;background-position-x:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-radius:3px 3px 0 0;height:34px;margin:-12px -12px 10px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6>*{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.t9oUK2WY0d28lhLAh3N5q{margin-top:-23px}._2KqgQ5WzoQRJqjjoznu22o{display:inline-block;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;position:relative}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE{-ms-flex:1 1 auto;flex:1 1 auto;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE:hover{text-decoration:underline}._19bCWnxeTjqzBElWZfIlJb{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;display:inline-block}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8{margin-left:10px;margin-top:30px}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8._35WVFxUni5zeFkPk7O4iiB{margin-top:35px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW>*{-ms-flex:auto;flex:auto}._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp{padding:0 2px 0 4px;vertical-align:middle}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF,.nEdqRRzLEN43xauwtgTmj{padding-right:4px}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF{padding-left:16px}._2QZ7T4uAFMs_N83BZcN-Em{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._19sQCxYe2NApNbYNX5P5-L{cursor:default;height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3XFx6CfPlg-4Usgxm0gK8R{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._34InTQ51PAhJivuc_InKjJ{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._29_mu5qI8E1fq6Uq5koje8{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._2BY2-wxSbNFYqAy98jWyTC{margin-top:10px}._3sGbDVmLJd_8OV8Kfl7dVv{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;margin-top:8px;word-wrap:break-word}._1qiHDKK74j6hUNxM0p9ZIp{margin-top:12px}._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{display:block;width:100%;margin-bottom:8px}.Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt{display:block;width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:0 16px}.Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA{margin-top:11px}._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-top:11px;text-transform:unset}._2_w8DCFR-DCxgxlP1SGNq5{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:middle}._1aS-wQ7rpbcxKT0d5kjrbh{border-radius:4px;display:inline-block;padding:4px}._2cn386lOe1A_DTmBUA-qSM{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:10px}._2Zdkj7cQEO3zSGHGK2XnZv{display:inline-block}.wzFxUZxKK8HkWiEhs0tyE{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);cursor:pointer;text-align:left;margin-top:2px}._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0{display:none}._38lwnrIpIyqxDfAF1iwhcV{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-line);border:none;height:1px;margin:16px 0}.yobE-ux_T1smVDcFMMKFv{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ{margin-top:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ .x1f6lYW8eQcUFu0VIPZzb{color:inherit}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ svg.LTiNLdCS1ZPRx9wBlY2rD{fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ ._18e78ihYD3tNypPhtYISq3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit}

Real Madrid Jobs, Mph Spring Admission, Mafalda Hopkirk Hogwarts House, Jana Meaning In English, Beverly Hills Cop 2 Full Movie 123movies, Arsenal Vs Tottenham 4-2, Dragon Squad 2005 Full Movie, Jackie Earle Haley Freddy Krueger, 3 Arts Entertainment Clients,