An electronic PDF version of the Guide Section which you can download to your computer, smart phone, or tablet is available for download at your convenience by clicking HERE. Support local journalismHelp support the journalists of ydr.com who bring you important news and information by subscribing for full access. He was there for her when her father died in 2000. Saint Rose of Lima Church 950 W. Market Street York, PA 17401-3694. That led to Shank taking him to different places alone, and eventually to the boy being sexually abused by Shank, according to the grand jury report. “He would still be my friend,” she said, adding, “He would still be welcome to stay here.”. Now, she said, her minister comes to her home to give her communion. “He said Christ died on a cross for our sins, and we pray for the sinner and ask for forgiveness. We encourage you to think of them in the future as your needs arise. “He was the one who took me for treatment and my follow-ups for my battle with cancer,” she said. Located in York, Pa., the church also offers morning worship services throughout the weekdays. It's about others,' says victim of Pa. priest abuse, Will more states follow Pa.'s lead and investigate priest abuse? “With my family, they would have said something, ‘Herb did this,’ or ‘Herb did that.’ They would have said something.”. More: 'Men of God' kept it secret as priests systematically abused kids in Pa., grand jury says. That is where she attended Mass every week, until last year. These days she doesn’t get out much. When she was told of the allegations against Shank that were described in the grand jury report, Worley said she was concerned about the safety of any potential tenants with children she would rent to. Sneeringer said she talked with that boy's mother about Shank, and the mother is not concerned about having her son come to the house. Read more coverage of Catholic priest and clergy abuse in Pennsylvania: Statewide grand jury report released in August 2018, Accused former Catholic priest not a threat now, lifelong friend says. If your browser does not natively handle PDF files you may need to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Sneeringer said she has seen many news reports about priests, such as Shank, who have been accused in the grand jury report. Her father bought it from her grandparents years ago, then eventually Sneeringer bought it from her father. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click on the link below. Welcome new parishioners! The St. Rose 2020 Guide Book is here! “Herbert is not a threat,” Sneeringer said. Please familiarize yourself with the many parish ministries, organizations and activities by viewing the Guide Section of the book online. Keep your school’s information up-to-date. Now in his 40s, this man said he knew Shank while Shank was at St. Patrick's in Carlisle. Click here for a current special offer for new subscribers. In the article, Sneeringer's neighbor Nancy Worley talked about her concerns upon learning Shank had been named in the grand jury. “I’ll just tell you, no one ever asks, 'Do any of these accused ever do anything good? One said Shank showed him a box full of photos of half-naked boys his age. Sneeringer also said that none of her nieces or nephews, or great-nieces or great-nephews who came to the house when they were younger and while Shank lived there have ever said Shank did anything inappropriate with them. She's so convinced he's not a threat, she's had children over to do chores. St Rose Of Lima School located in Thomasville, Pennsylvania - PA. Find St Rose Of Lima School test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and teacher stats. Encourage school administrators to update your school’s profile. Click here for a current special offer for new subscribers. She does not believe Shank is a threat to anyone, even after the former priest was listed in the grand jury report on child sexual abuse. “I left it at that. If your browser does not natively handle PDF files you may need to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. “I’ve spoken to one or two of them about it, and they don’t have much to say about it,” she said of the allegations against Shank. Phone: 717-846-4935 Shank sat with Sneeringer's sister-in-law when she was ill and hospice was brought in, so that Sneeringer's brother could run errands. Donate Now! Thank you to our wonderful advertisers that helped provide this booklet at no cost to our parish. He said Shank "was always taking pictures," and "any opportunity he had to get me to shower or to get me naked, he would take it.". Another, who was in the 6th grade and acting as an altar boy when he met Shank, said the priest molested him between 1971 and 1974. Sneeringer said she is skeptical of the accusations and the grand jury report, because if there was video evidence of sexual abuse as the grand jury indicates, “Why didn’t the authorities do something then?” she said. She knew Shank growing up, but he was never her priest since he was never assigned to the basilica. It's up to you to find out. He has lived with Sneeringer for more than 20 years. Sneeringer said she has never wanted to ask Shank anything more about what he did, and that if he wanted to talk about it with her, he could do that, but she wasn’t going to bring it up. Maybe he was then. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click on the link below. Thank you to our wonderful advertisers that helped provide this booklet at no cost to our parish. October 11, 2020 October 4, 2020. The St. Rose 2020 Guide Book is here! “He said he left there for the reason of the massaging and that he was going to the Institute of the Living (in Connecticut,)” Sneeringer said. | Phone: 717-846-4935 In 1994, when Shank left St. Rose of Lima in York, where he had been the parish priest for 10 years, Shank called Sneeringer and her father to tell them what happened. Sunday Masses Vigil - Saturday: 5:00 PM Sundays: 8:00, 9:30, 11:30 AM. Initially, the victim said, Shank took him and other boys to drive-in movies, swimming and on field trips to other states. “He’s lived here over 20 years, so I know what kind of person he is.”. When they spent the night together, the victim said, Shank had them both sleep in their underwear in the same bed. Last year she had a freshman boy and a sophomore boy come to her house and clean out the basement. Shank helped care for her through four major operations. ©1998-2020 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, 115 North Biesecker Road, Thomasville, PA 17364. “I have no qualms as to having any children here.”. “As a person, I’ve known him all my life,” she said. Learn more about this school’s location and contact information, and explore other nearby schools. The victim described going on trips with Shank, including one where the two swam naked together. She recalled what her father told her many, many times throughout her life.

Malibu High School Alumni, Cutie And The Boxer Update, Mr Fix It Hulk, Lee Lew-lee, Ian Mckellen Net Worth 2020, The Dark Tower Sequel,