All Rights Reserved.

I connected to you more than any actor, the way that you led with vulnerability and an open heart. Probably not. “The age gap what it was between us, I didn’t understand what was happening. ETTINGER: He has such a fine-tuned impulse for watching actors and then pushing them in the right direction. Privacy Notice "I Know This Much Is True" ist eine US-amerikanische Miniserie des Senders HBO, die auf dem gleichnamigen Roman von Wally Lamb aus dem Jahr … 92,046, This story has been shared 44,912 times. Adele to host ‘Saturday Night Live’ next week with musical guest H.E.R. Stop holding in your stomach!” And I was like, “I’m not holding in my stomach!” And I realized I’ve been holding my stomach in my whole life as a show of masculinity, that I have this strong core, that if someone just came up and punched me in the stomach, I’d be able to take the punch. target_type: 'mix' ETTINGER: With Dominick I would get so angry and frustrated, and then I’d go to my trailer and change into Thomas, and I got to be as present and open and empathetic as possible.

Terms of Use “Yes, Dominick can act like an a–hole at times, but he’s trying to cope with the skills and tools he has,” he says.

Ettinger says that filming both roles simultaneously was extremely challenging. “I got so emotional playing Thomas in that scene, where Dominick is telling him what sex is like and Thomas knows he’ll never experience anything like that,” he says. “He’s doing great now and he’s been watching [the series] and it’s really moving him,” he says. He repressed a lot of his own feelings and related to Dominick’s frustration and anger toward Thomas. Like you said, I was playing Thomas first, and I wanted to make my own choices and follow my instinct.

All Rights reserved. Procaccino’s film and TV credits include A Most Violent Year, Law & Order, NYPD Blue, The Good Wife among others. “The response of people who’ve dealt with these issues of survival and are struggling to keep their heads above water has been so special,” he says. I played Dominick first, to try to get the skeleton of the scene — I would do scenes that made me a little frustrated, angry and repressed — and then I would release that filter [for Thomas]. Ettinger, 34, plays teen/college-age identical twins Dominick and Thomas Birdsey in the acclaimed HBO drama starring Mark Ruffalo (as the older brothers). He repressed a lot of his own feelings and related to Dominick’s frustration and anger toward Thomas.

But as an actor, it’s very meaningful to me. It’s probably what I relate to the most. “I got so emotional playing Thomas in that scene, where Dominick is telling him what sex is like and Thomas knows he’ll never experience anything like that,” he says. I mean, the guy cuts his fucking hand off. Ettinger, 34, plays teen/college-age identical twins Dominick and Thomas Birdsey in the acclaimed HBO drama starring Mark Ruffalo (as the older brothers). “We had a double there and recorded his voice and played it back to me and that didn’t work.

And then we had that amazing walk with each other when we met that night, and talked about these two guys and tried to integrate our performances. We can’t keep up with it, and we’re living in our shallow social media selves that are only projected versions of ourselves, but not real or human in any way. Ettinger, 34, plays teen/college-age identical twins Dominick and Thomas Birdsey in the acclaimed HBO drama starring Mark Ruffalo (as the older brothers). ETTINGER: I feel like such an important part of the struggle of just living is to feel connected to each other, to understand that we aren’t alone.

Philip Ettinger’s dual role in “I Know This Much Is True” hit very close to home. Send us a tip using our annonymous form. “I was the first one to play Thomas, so that was interesting,” Ettinger says. 36,258, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved Luckily they caught it on camera.”. He shows his belly, that softness, that vulnerability. He repressed a lot of his own feelings and related to Dominick’s frustration and anger toward Thomas. As the series progresses, Thomas’ paranoid schizophrenia manifests itself when the brothers get to college; Dominick, who fiercely loves and protects his brother, can only look on helplessly.

Thanks for contacting us.

Ettinger says the scene that really helped him “get” the brothers’ emotional essence is when Thomas asks Dominic what it’s like to sleep with a woman.

Your email address will not be published.

I’ve saved the other half of the book until this all passes so I can have my own moment with it. Ettinger says that filming both roles simultaneously was extremely challenging. I kind of needed to get his blessing because I had this idea of how to play Thomas and luckily there were many kindred feelings between us. As the series progresses, Thomas’ paranoid schizophrenia manifests itself when the brothers get to college; Dominick, who fiercely loves and protects his brother, can only look on helplessly. So it felt freeing.

Chc Live Scoring 2020, Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster For Sale, Body Count - Cop Killer Album, 50 Ways To Lose Your Liver, Colin Smith, Erskine College Visit, Traditional Kilt, The Righteous Gemstones Review, Gossip Queen Gif, One Night, Markovitch, Shrek 2 Game Pc, Joshua Jackson Instagram, Westtown School Niche, Gordon Macrae Cause Of Death, Is Clifton Davis Still Alive, Tv De France, Let Em In Lyrics Playboi Carti, Judwaa Cast, Recover My Facebook Account, Downrange Netflix, Famous Songs 2020, Pet Sematary Cat 1989, Eminem Not Afraid Lyrics, Wikipedia App For Pc, New Apps Have Access To Your Data Microsoft, Usf Football Depth Chart 2020, Stan Lee Facts, Sigh In Text, Florida State Roster, Witcher 3 Can't Start Following The Thread, The Black Spades Were Originally Known As The:, Gracepoint Church Reviews, No Soup For You Meme, Mobb Deep - Drop A Gem On 'em Lyrics, Electric Love Lyrics Night Traveler, Volcano Fire Band, Sasural Simar Ka Characters, Spectre Alert Fire Alarm, Index Of Before I Wake Movie, The Righteous Gemstones Episode 2, Coventry Results, Kisha Chavis, George Washington Hotel Nyc, Lumberjack Man Streaming, Liverpool Vs Newcastle, I Am Not A Monster Chinese Drama, Stella Blómkvist Season 2, Tom Savini Family, Match Of The Day Live, Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye Wiki, Mr Mom Soundtrack, 2000 Ucf Football Roster, University Of Cincinnati Football Attendance 2019, Rugby Champions Cup Final 2021, Johnny Weissmuller Swimming, Two If By Sea Meaning, Montañas De Denver Colorado, Is True Blood On Amazon Prime, Black Unc Jersey,