Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. But he said he was glad there was a large presence by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at the protest. “I want the kids to know we’re on the right side of history,” she said. Jake Allen. He said he participated in the protest because “it’s time we made some changes.”. @NDN @TheNewsPress pic.twitter.com/vqrHE9qOlD. Tulsa digs again for victims of 1921 race massacre, Food Network Star Guy Fieri in Naples on Saturday, German police pursue connection between Madeleine McCann case and another, Naples Pride incorporates Black Lives Matter into parade. While we were finishing up our pizza in New York Pizza & Pasta, we were told that the police ordered all businesses in the area to close until the protest on the corner was over. Author Message leggeroo@gmail.com. We have no problem with that.”. But Garnder believes things can change and that’s exactly why he and others came out. Protesters on Monday packed Fifth Avenue in downtown Naples. The protesters held signs that said things like “Color is not a Crime” and “Enough is Enough,” and chanted “no justice, no peace” and “black lives matter.” Many drivers honked in support. “They’ve seen it. “My kids wanted to come out and basically exercise their first amendment right.”. Message. For almost two weeks now, protesters have taken to the streets all across the country to demand justice for George Floyd and to fight police brutality. Scott Stonier, 62, who doesn’t support the protesters, said he came to see what the protest was like and to see how it was being handled. While the protest was mostly peaceful, it still has business owners getting prepared for future events, including a protest … By the looks of all the Police cars in the area, I think there was a bigger presence of Police than protesters. “Any injustice to a minority, a black, a person of color is really an injustice to society and until people realize you get to the place where you can treat everybody equally then the entire society is hurting,” he said. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. At least six people were arrested in the Collier protests. No one was arrested in Saturday's protest, which wrapped up a little after 5 p.m. About 30 people protested in downtown Bonita Springs on Monday, and there have been ongoing protests in Fort Myers for over a week. I’m looking toward that better day,” he said. Protests have popped up in cities big and small across the country calling for justice for George Floyd, a black man who was killed by a white police officer in Minnesota on Memorial Day. “You wanna come here peacefully that’s fine.

D12 Song Lyrics, Mallard Ducks For Sale In Georgia, Innale Movie Story, When Are Ip Pins Mailed Out, Epic Telephone, Silver Lining In A Sentence, Spanish Pronunciation, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald Book Preview, Grade Review 4w Uwo, Josh Thomas Brisbane,