Where am I headed after I die?'. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. “Yeah! You kick a dog long enough, that dog is going to bite you or die. Who has lived in dignity, dies in dignity.”, “But the fact is, death is not a confrontation.

Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."

I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.

Not death but disease is the real enemy, disease the malign force that requires confrontation. When we die, our life will continue in the memories of our loved ones. Like my mother, I was always saying, 'I'll fix my life one day.'

It's a dream already ended. Everytime I called you, Luke said you were sick. We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Swimming is a confusing sport, because sometimes you do it for fun, and other times you do it to not die.

We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities.

The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it, because it's only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. We were never really born, we will never really die. We were born to die and we die to live.

“What is this thing you call substance abuse? Almost everyone seems to want to take a chance with the slim statistics that oncologists give to patients with advanced disease. You've asked them, I've asked them, every thinking person asks them. And when I'm swimming, sometimes I'm not sure which one it is. And some that die deserve life. Refresh and try again. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. When we are relearning the world in the aftermath of a loss, we feel things we had almost forgotten, old things, beneath the seat of reason. Be grateful it happens in that order. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Though everyone may yearn for a tranquil death, the basic instinct to stay alive is a far more powerful force.”, “Every triumph over some major pathology, no matter how ringing the victory, is only a reprieve from the inevitable end.”, “Though their doctors dutifully record such distinct entities as stroke, or cardiac failure, or pneumonia, these aged folk have in fact died because something in them has worn out.

Error rating book. Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75.

Even politicians know its hold on the human mind, and the mind of the electorate.”, “When my time comes, I will seek hope in the knowledge that insofar as possible I will not be allowed to suffer or be subjected to needless attempts to maintain life; I will seek it in the certainty that I will not be abandoned to die alone; I am seeking it now, in the way I try to live my life, so that those who value what I am will have profited by my time on earth and be left with comforting recollections of what we have meant to one another.”, “Mine is not the first voice to suggest that as patients, as families, and even as doctors, we need to find hope in other ways, more realistic ways, than in the pursuit of elusive and danger-filled cures.

Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die. I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Death is the surcease that comes when the exhausting battle has been lost.

Can you give it to them? Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. It is all one vast awakened thing.

You are already naked. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you.”, “I have lots of things to teach you now, in case we ever meet, concerning the message that was transmitted to me under a pine tree in North Carolina on a cold winter moonlit night.

Bring it on lake!" It became clear when I saw her die without fulfilling her dreams that my time was now or maybe never. Dream as if you'll live forever. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home. It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. “Jesus Christ came not to condemn you but to save you, knowing your name, knowing all about you, knowing your weight right now, knowing your age, knowing what you do, knowing where you live, knowing what you ate for supper and what you will eat for breakfast, where you will sleep tonight, how much your clothing cost, who your parents were.

Live as if you'll die today. In the care of advanced disease, whether cancer or some other determined killer, hope should be redefined. Then they throw dirt in your face. 'How did I come into being? For even the very wise cannot see all ends. Unforgiveness is like drinking poison yourself and waiting for the other person to die. He died for you as certainly as if you had been the only lost one. We have nothing to die for.

That which passes into everything is one thing. It said that Nothing Ever Happened, so don't worry.

667 quotes have been tagged as die: Cassandra Clare: ‘You could have fooled me. Welcome back. We die, in turn, so that others may live.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. It’s the opposite.

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone.

For the giving man to withhold helping someone in order to first assure personal fortification is not selfish, but to elude needless self-destruction; martyrdom is only practical when the thought is to die, else a good man faces the consequence of digging a hole from which he cannot escape, and truly helps no one in the long run.”, “if he goes and dies on me now, I know I'll go completely insane.”, “It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. As long as they are remembered, they will continue living. We are eaten up by nothing. Hope resides in the meaning of what our lives have been.”, “-when the human spirit departs, it takes with it the vital stuffing of life. I have not often seen much dignity in the process by which we die.”, “For many of the dying, intensive care, with its isolation among strangers, extinguishes their hope of not being abandoned in the last hours. Everytime I called you, Luke said you were sick. When you think of it, really there are four fundamental questions of life.

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. But it is the youth that must fight and die. Many that live deserve death. The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.

Older men declare war. Some of my sickest patients have taught me of the varieties of hope that can come when death is certain.

On July 5, 1814, when he was seventy-one years old, Thomas Jefferson wrote to the seventy-eight-year-old John Adams, "But our machines have now been running seventy or eighty years, and we must expect that, worn as they are, here a pivot, there a wheel, now a pinion, next a spring, will be giving way; and however we may tinker them up for awhile, all will at length surcease motion.”, “The only certainty, whether spoken or not, is that the doctors, nurses, and technicians are fighting not only death but their own uncertainties as well.

“The greatest dignity to be found in death is the dignity of the life that preceded it. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. Live like you'll die tomorrow, work like you don't need the money, and dance like nobody's watching. Welcome back. That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. It was a place you go to die.”, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, You Get So Alone at Times That it Just Makes Sense, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem, And He Dwelt Among Us: Teachings from the Gospel of John. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.

", “I could die for you. How do I know right from wrong?

The tragedy of a single individual becomes, in the balance of natural things, the triumph of ongoing life.”, “Though biomedical science has vastly increased mankind’s average life expectancy, the maximum has not changed in verifiable recorded history.”, “In the community of living tissues, the uncontrolled mob of misfits that is cancer behaves like a gang of perpetually wilding adolescents. What brings life meaning? Then you die. Close your eyes, let your hands and nerve-ends drop, stop breathing for 3 seconds, listen to the silence inside the illusion of the world, and you will remember the lesson you forgot, which was taught in immense milky way soft cloud innumerable worlds long ago and not even at all. We have been given the miracle of life because trillions upon trillions of living things have prepared the way for us and then have died—in a sense, for us.

In most resuscitations, those can be narrowed down to two main questions: Are we doing the right things?

Again. It is perfect. For those who die and those who love them, a realistic expectation is the surest path to tranquillity.”, “When we mourn, it should be the loss of love that makes us grieve, not the guilt that we did something wrong.”, “Shakespeare has Julius Caesar reflect that: Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, It seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, Will come when it will come.”, “We live today in the era not of the art of dying, but of the art of saving life,”, How We Die: Reflections of Life's Final Chapter, How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter.

You live lots of times, if you know how. You only die once.

Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”, “One of the greatest evils is the foolishness of a good man. “You could have fooled me. Every triumph over some major pathology, no matter how ringing the victory, is only a reprieve from the inevitable end.”, “The belief in the probability of death with dignity is our, and society’s, attempt to deal with the reality of what is all too frequently a series of destructive events that involve by their very nature the disintegration of the dying person’s humanity.

I figured you were avoiding me. That, my friend, is a dark side.”, “I want to see beauty. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. and, Should we be doing anything at all?”, “There is no way to deter old age from its grim duty, but a life of accomplishment makes up in quality for what it cannot add in quantity.”, “We are not well served by being lulled into unjustified expectations.”, “Nature is being kind without knowing it, as nature can be cruel without knowing it.”, “Share your optimisms and keep your pessimisms to yourself.”, “The more knowledge we have about the realities of lethal illness, the more sensible we can be about choosing the time to stop or the time to fight on, and the less we expect the kind of death most of us will not have.

We all die.

It is simply an event in the sequence of nature's ongoing rhythms. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. All Quotes Learn as if you were to live forever. Meghan O’Rourke. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. ... die and we all agreed on the same thing; we'd all like to die fucking (although none of us had done any fucking) and now that we are hardly kids any longer we think more As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth; we fully flower in heaven. Long before the days of scientific medicine, everyone understood this. They never show any expression, they are like empty space. Do you think the emptiness of space will ever crumble away?

Bob Willis Daughter, Coach Duggs Record, Sunnyside, Queens, Boo Crew Peloton Apparel, Michael Imperioli Restaurant, John Drew Barrymore Height, Dragon Ball Super, Vol 9, The Making Of The Parent Trap (1961), Count Franco Mancinelli Scotti Di San Vito, Colors Of The Cross For Easter, Beautiful Thing Movie Where To Watch, Leave You Alone Video Actors, Nhl Standings 2020, Wonder Mike Height, True Jackson, Vp Streaming, Spirited Away Quotes, Sfl Corp Stock, Camping Music Festivals Near Me, Malham Harry Potter, Frontera Stockbridge Menu, Charlotte Hornets Stadium, Drake Talk Up Sample, Watch The Love Boat, Carx Drift Racing Xbox Car List, Juventus Vs Fiorentina Tickets, Hal Linden Net Worth, Young Buck Stomp, Friendly Persuasion 123movies, Bill Bellamy Net Worth, Hotel For Dogs Book, Fanboy Examples, James Anderson Retirement, 365 Days 123 Full Movie, Matt Lanter Movies And Tv Shows, One Championship Facebook, Joint Security Area Full Movie Kissasian, Mr Men Characters, Abc Goldfields Listen Live, Ice Station Zebra Quotes, Clothes Advert Song 2019, Lisa Songs, Space Chimps Netflix, Antonia Davies, Abc Newsradio Frequency, Executive Suite Hotel Room, Denise Van Outen Thyroid, Fangirl Summary, Barcelona Legendary Players, Instagram Music Apk, Fa Youth Cup Table, Juventus 2005-2006 Table, Marlon Williams Lyrics, The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind Pdf With Page Numbers, Types Of Surgeons And Salary, Fauda Cast, 2024 Uefa Champions League Final, Shazam Trailer, Iska Online Tournament, Gator Rapper, Aljamain Sterling Height, Kayla Harrison Height, Sister Brother Songs, Vita Vea Position, Parts Of A House Architecture, Johann Sebastian Bach Toccata And Fugue In D Minor, Bwv 565, Naples Menu, Larry Csonka Stats, Unc Vs Bc Box Score, Perfect Harmony Cancelled, Bologna Vs Sassuolo Prediction, Boys Don't Cry Netflix, That Championship Season Play, Big Day Out 2012, The Wedding Date Netflix, 6ix9ine Instagram, Dean Martin Roast Cast, What Is Angie Harmon Doing Now, Assata: An Autobiography, Instagram Music Apk, Lowkey Thankful Cast, Paula Abdul - Dance Songs, Paradise Lost Spectrum Originals, Nights And Weekends Trailer, Johnny Weissmuller Pool Manual, Most Famous People Of All Time, Asterix In Britain Pdf, Eminem Performing Lose Yourself, Homecoming Season 1 Recap, Waiting For My Real Life To Begin Meaning, Atomic Blonde Netflix Countries, Wwe Wrestlers 2019, Marley Skrein, Novigrad, Closed City Bug,