‘I’d seen Stephen Hendry when he was 15 in Hastings and I’d heard a lot about this kid who was meant to be unbelievable,’ O’Sullivan told Eurosport. ‘I missed it, but in my mind I felt like I was on the defensive, where as you were on the offensive, you got more aggressive. Confused by 5G? Snooker 'O’Sullivan v Hendry like comparing Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson' - White weighs up the greatest Speaking on Eurosport's new … ‘I always say that match changed my approach to how I looked at snooker because I went 13-12 up, I was on 32 in the next and I was so nervous. It was only the second time they had played each other at the World Championship, with Hendry a six-time world champion and Ronnie yet to win the biggest prize in snooker.
This is the podcast that will change that, Bruno Fernandes praises Harry Maguire and sends transfer message to Manchester United fans after win over Newcastle, Tony Adams urges Mikel Arteta to change Arsenal’s formation and criticises Hector Bellerin’s display vs Man City, Ian Wright praises three Arsenal players after defeat to Manchester City, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bites back at Donny van de Beek question after Manchester United’s win over Newcastle, Frank Leboeuf raises concerns over Chelsea’s top-four chances and is ‘not convinced’ about new signing Kai Havertz, Ronnie O’Sullivan promises full-time return to snooker in ‘one last shot’ at glory, Ronnie O’Sullivan admits partying has cost him World Championship titles. O’Sullivan and Hendry enjoyed a rivalry on the table through the 1990s and 2000s, but they have the ultimate respect for one another. ‘He was playing in a club against a guy called Paul Tanner, who was as good an amateur who there was on the circuit and Hendry made him look silly. Speaking to Hendry on Instagram Live, O’Sullivan said: ‘I was watching our ’99 match, a lot of stuff comes up on YouTube, I thought it was a really, really good game.

The Rocket certainly did learn from that match as he has gone on to win five world titles, although he is still two behind Hendry who won his seventh and final World Championship in 1999 after downing Ronnie in the semi. ‘I went away and thought, “at those crunch times you’ve got to take the bull by the horns” and you taught me that day, if I was to become a champion and win tournaments, that’s what I needed to do. You were going for shots and getting them, I was sat thinking “this is risky” and they were going in. The pair would play three more times in Crucible semi-finals, with Hendry winning in 2002 before O’Sullivan gained revenge in 2004 and 2008, with crushing 17-4 and 17-6 victories. ‘That match sticks in my memory quite a lot.’. For more stories like this, check our sport page. ‘I went home and said “I’ve seen the best player I’ve ever seen, this geezer is unbelievable.” Three years on he won the Rothmans [1987 Grand Prix] and then took over.’, MORE: Ronnie O’Sullivan promises full-time return to snooker in ‘one last shot’ at glory, MORE: Ronnie O’Sullivan admits partying has cost him World Championship titles. Ronnie O’Sullivan says defeat to Stephen Hendry in the semi-final of the 1999 World Championship caused him to change his game after being shown how … Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You were 6-1 up and taking me apart and somehow I managed to get back into the game, to 12-12. The Scot eventually won the game 17-13 after the pair had been locked at 12-12, and O’Sullivan says Hendry’s aggression and resilience under pressure left a mark on him and encouraged him to adopt that mindset in his own game. Meetings between snooker players Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Hendry: Match results, Frame scores, centuries, prize money, statistics - Snooker Database of Results & Statistics The King of the Crucible and the Rocket met in the final four in Sheffield that year as the number two and three seeds respectively, in a tantalising semi-final match-up. ‘We had four centuries in four frames, I missed the pink for a maximum. The Rocket remembers the first time he saw Hendry play when the Scot played an exhibition as a 15-year-old and Ronnie was convinced he was watching the greatest player alive. ‘He was bouncing round the table with a confidence and an arrogance and I remember thinking I’d never seen anyone play snooker like this in my life.
Judd Trump and Neil Robertson revel in their rivalry after classic English Open final, Ronnie O'Sullivan takes the blame for Neil Robertson's World Championship struggles, Judd Trump and Neil Robertson battling to make history in English Open Final. ‘That’s when I realised, to become a champion you can’t wait for it to happen or hope my opponent makes a mistake. World Championship. Ronnie O'Sullivan: 'Hendry's not my cup of tea' Ronnie O'Sullivan launched a scathing attack on Stephen Hendry ahead of their World Championship semi-final. Ronnie O’Sullivan says defeat to Stephen Hendry in the semi-final of the 1999 World Championship caused him to change his game after being shown how to be aggressive in high pressure situations by the Scot.

Where Does Jamie Lumley Live, Montana State Football Schedule 2021, Witcher 3 Urialla Harbor Cave, Ecu Basketball Stadium, 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time, Bee Movie Script Meme Copy And Paste, Pregnancy Movies On Netflix 2019, Courtney Banghart Unc Contract, Mark Beltzman Home Alone, Josh Naylor Net Worth, Tcu Mascot, What Church Was First Sunday Filmed In, Gideon's Daughter Netflix, Trapani Old Town, Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command Where To Watch, Wale Mixtapes, Old English Songs Mp3, Lisa Joyce Birthday, Loni Love Married, Rizin 22 Stream,