The next passage is about slaves or bondservants, but we can and should apply these principles to the role of an employee or helper: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. God created us to do good works. And it's true that faith toward God comes with repentance—before receiving the Holy Spirit. [17] And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. Seek the fellowship of "the church of God" where others are trying to faithfully follow God still today (Acts 2:42 Acts 2:42And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.American King James Version×; Acts 20:28 Acts 20:28Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.American King James Version×). And a great many who do make wedding vows (even "before God") later on break those vows in one way or another. The fruit of the Spirit is a huge area to study and grow in. Fewer people are willing to make lifelong commitments. So, even if Paul didn’t list “faith” in Galatians 5, it is still something we must grow in through the Holy Spirit. Unfaithfulness is rampant in our world today. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. [22] He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, you delivered to me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. (Luke 16:11 Luke 16:11If therefore you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?American King James Version×, NIV). (Proverbs 20:6 Proverbs 20:6Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?American King James Version×, New International Version). I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be you faithful to death, and I will give you a crown of life. All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the New King James Version (© 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.). Surely his salvation is near those who fear Him, that his glory may dwell in our land. It has to be a work of the Holy Spirit. So many people are fickle and faithless. [4] Traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; We must yield to Him and seek to grow in faith. It comes through the Holy Spirit. The results of this selfishness are gross examples of unfaithfulness, including adultery (infidelity to one's spouse), fornication (infidelity to one's future spouse), idolatry and sorcery (infidelity and treason against God), and murders (total betrayal of another). So it does seem that in the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5, “faithfulness” is the better translation. [42] For I was an hungered, and you gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink: Faith in the goodness of God enables us to be patient when we are suffering or experiencing affliction of any sort. The Fruit of the Spirit, Faithfulness. The returning Christ is portrayed as the King who will say, "Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me" (Matthew 25:40 Matthew 25:40And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.American King James Version×). William Barclay’s Study Bible translates this word as “fidelity”: “This word (pistis, Greek #4102) is common in secular Greek for trustworthiness. United Church of God is a 501(c)3 organization. American King James Version×; see also Revelation 22:12 Revelation 22:12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.American King James Version×). We must never give up or fall away! This will lead to obedience from the heart and always returning in repentance to God upon falling short. God wants us to grow in both faith and faithfulness! Jesus said, "Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" (Revelation 2:10 Revelation 2:10Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be you faithful to death, and I will give you a crown of life.American King James Version×). Eventually Jesus delivered each one safely into his Father’s hands and He will do the same for you and I. God’s Word tells us that Jesus continues to intercede on our behalf (1 John 2:1), until the day he brings us safely into his eternal Kingdom. We must prove our trustworthiness in even the smallest duties. From the moment we wake and get ready for work, we are continually trusting and dependent on others. For if we have living faith, we will respond with faithfulness. To bring things full circle, consider what James wrote about faith. He will generously reward us according to how much we have spiritually grown and served in this life. But it is not a new understanding of the word. What areas of your life have you not given over to Him? It should be a community of people committed to the well-being of each other as they all express faithfulness to God, His Son and the Holy Spirit. In Matthew 24:9-12 Matthew 24:9-12 [9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and you shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Longhorn Network Channel Spectrum, Larry Wilmore Parents, Stormy Monday Chords, Samhain Apple Recipes, Bunny Campione Age, Where Do I Go When I Need A Shelter Lyrics,