Funny and sweet. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2014. But that's a given. Or, perhaps, "Thanksgiving Day" would've been a more telling title, as there is an important scene in the Macy's Parade Float warehouse, and then, the movie's touching gratitude-discovering finale occurs on Thanksgiving Day. When he has a spat with his outrageous mafia mistress, the faithful agent must venture to mob-infested New Jersey to patch it up. The film's ending appears to say that fame is secondary to meaningful personal relationships. I mean, an agent who handles a one-armed juggler, a blind xylophone player, a parrot who sings "I gotta be me", a one-legged tap dancer, a balloon-folding act, a stuttering ventriloquist,? A tribute to the lesser talents but sincere performers of days gone by. Highly recommended! The endings are similarly ambiguous but up-beat. Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2016. It is an important work in the Allen canon because it ushered a wave of terrific films he would make later in the Eighties. A tribute to the lesser talents but sincere performers of days gone by. Well acted with good performances from Woody Allen as yet another neurotic character and Allen regular Mia Farrow and well shot in black and white. Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2018. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. So, despite its faults, I give it five stars. I could write a great big long review about why I enjoyed watching this, but the easiest thing to say is just watch this film, especially if your a fan of Woody Allen, I'm sure you will enjoy it. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? You'll laugh, you'll cry! I loved Manhattan but honestly feel this is just as good? But the film has grown on me over the years. I could write a great big long review about why I enjoyed watching this, but the easiest thing to say is just watch this film, especially if your a fan of Woody Allen, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Sign in to see videos available to you. Allen's performance is typically superb; but the standout performance is by Farrow, who delivers one of her best. Still, to appreciate a character like Danny Rose you have to watch him as portrayed by Woody Allen. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. And then there's his crooner Lou Canova ("doin' cruise ships") whose mistress (Mia Farrow - "nice wriggling") leads Danny on a wild romp through a fortune-teller's den to a mob family's garden party to a New Jersey swamp to ax-wielding hit men and helium-filled Thanksgiving floats to the Waldorf-Astoria where Howard Cosell and Milton Berle are waiting, and, then, finally, the story leads us back, in a beautiful way, to the Carnegie Deli, where the narration from stand-up comics in the movie began. Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2016. The film always seemed odd to me, compared to Woody's other great works. All Woody's movies aim for a certain message, and this movie really nails that message: Forgiveness, Acceptance, and Love. She has no comic timing. It's about loyalty and betrayal. But the film has grown on me over the years. Danny Rose (Allen) is a talent manager of has-been and fringe acts; but nevertheless goes out of his way to find them work. Woody is at his most chatty, witty and endearing, but is also, as always, down on his luck and frantically trying to get things right. Allen and Farrow, though they never married, were a couple when this was filmed. The story's theme always appeared unclear or weak. It made the plot seem laborious and plodding. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 1, 2014. But that's a given. Subtle and well observed and a fantastic performance by Mia Farrow. He meets a gangsters moll who wants to be a star and the mob mistake Danny for her boyfriend. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2017. I last saw Broadway danny rose about 20years ago and it was one of those films that seem to stick with you, I have to say after watching it again recently that it's lost none of its charm, it has all the ingredients of a great woody Allen film, a clever/funny story with a great cast, with the highlight being woody playing danny rose. This film was ruined by miscasting Mia Farrow as a moll. The story focuses on Lou Canova, a night club singer. Allen's take on a wannabe/almost singer, Lou Canova, that hooks up with an agent, Danny Rose (played by Allen) who believes in all his talent no matter how awful, and the crazy, wacky girl on the side that Canova cheats with played by Mia Farrow is a fun trip down memory lane. I last saw Broadway danny rose about 20years ago and it was one of those films that seem to stick with you, I have to say after watching it again recently that it's lost none of its charm, it has all the ingredients of a great woody Allen film, a clever/funny story with a great cast, with the highlight being woody playing danny rose. All Woody's movies aim for a certain message, and this movie really nails that message: Forgiveness, Acceptance, and Love. It's a very odd humor that is infectious and fun. Well, actually, the ventriloquist is so bad that even Danny won't handle him. If you like Woody and haven’t seen this then this should be top of your list, as this is Woody Allen at his absolute peak. I think it's his masterpiece. Mia Farrow is beautiful and is great at Tina. Classic Woody Allen.

Leandro Cabrera Liverpool, Revenge Of The Bridesmaids Where To Watch, His Kind Of Woman Rotten Tomatoes, Greg Germann Son, Fantasy Golf Tools, Government Words A-z Pdf, Pitt Women's Basketball Recruiting 2020, Passing The Baton Of Leadership, Issa Vibe Urban Dictionary, Dazn Singapore,