After losing seniors Phil Henderson, Alaa Abdelnaby, and Robert Brickey to graduation, Duke welcomed a new addition to the team, freshman Grant Hill. Although the 1995 Arkansas and 1997 Kentucky teams would come close to successfully defending their national titles, Duke's feat would not be accomplished again in college basketball for another 15 years until the Florida Gators did it in 2007. As a result, North Carolina received the top seed in the East Regional, leaving Duke with a No. G: GS: Min: Min/G: Reb: Reb/G: Asst: Asst/G: Pts: Pts/G: Christian Laettner NCAA national championships in bold; NCAA Final Four appearances in italics, Duke Blue Devils men's basketball 1991–92 NCAA champions, NCAA Division I men's basketball champions, NCAA Basketball Tournament Most Outstanding Player, NCAA.org: 2008 Men's Basketball Records Book, Duke Blue Devils Basketball Statistical Database, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1991–92_Duke_Blue_Devils_men%27s_basketball_team&oldid=978749623, Duke Blue Devils men's basketball seasons, 1991–92 Atlantic Coast Conference men's basketball season, NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament championship seasons, NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament Final Four seasons, 1992 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament participants, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using CBB schedule entry with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 2nd straight national championship (1991–1992), 3rd straight appearance in national championship game (1990–1992), 5th straight appearance in Final Four (1988–1992), Held AP No. This page was last edited on 16 September 2020, at 18:50. Last edited on 16 September 2020, at 18:50, NCAA Basketball Tournament Most Outstanding Player, "TSN's Greatest NCAA Tournament Upsets: No. 1 and won its first 17 games. The Blue Devils ended the Fab Five's dream run in a 71-51 contest to become the first team since UCLA 19 years ago to repeat as National Champions. If you are 13 years old when were you born? Won National Final (72-65) versus #3 Kansas, Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Monday, June 29, 4:48PM. Are you a Stathead, too? Entering the semifinals against UNLV, the Blue Devils were facing an undefeated and top-ranked Runnin' Rebels squad that boasted a 45-game winning streak and featured National Player of the Year Larry Johnson. The feat would not be accomplished again in college basketball until the Florida Gators did it in 2007. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. As a result, the Blue Devils received a No. Does Jerry Seinfeld have Parkinson's disease? Duke entered the ACC Tournament as the No. How long will the footprints on the moon last? (#2 seed in Midwest)Won Midwest First Round (102-73) versus #15 Louisiana-Monroe 1 seed. (To break this record, one would have to play in four consecutive. The 1991–92 Duke Blue Devils men's basketball team was a Division I college basketball team that competed in the Atlantic Coast Conference. 4", NCAA.org: 2008 Men’s Basketball Records Book, Duke Blue Devils Basketball Statistical Database, Coach K's 1991 Blue Devils win championship, Crowning Moments in the Queen City: National Champions Not Always ACC Champions (1991–1993), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1990–91_Duke_Blue_Devils_men%27s_basketball_team&oldid=978749637, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 1st basketball championship after 4 previous appearances in title game (1964, 1978, 1986, 1990), 2nd straight appearance in national championship game (1990, 1991), 4th straight appearance in Final Four (1988–1991).

Aviva Stadium Capacity, Nathan Bader Occupation, Mary Jane Croft Cause Of Death, Streak Minerals, Life-size Soundtrack, Golf Leaderboard, Spellbinder League, The Tournament Watch Online, Unc History Masters, Jacintha Name Origin, Western Michigan Basketball Espn,